Welcome to the Des Moines Police Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this
system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of
the report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if
online filing is right for you:
If you answered yes to all of the above questions,
you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn
off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Refer to these
instructions if you have any questions during the process. If you
answered no to any of the questions please look at our Frequently
Asked Questions section.
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Des Moines City limits?
- There are No Known suspects?
- This did not occur on Interstate 5?
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your report has been submitted" showing that
your report is complete.
- Be given a temporary report number.
- Be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your
- All cases filed online will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed,
you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Des Moines Police Online Reporting System you can
report the following incidents (please choose one):